One comment - Categories - Finished Projects, Inspiration, Staff Projects
Our Buttoned up Trio Set of 3 are too cute…but I wanted them to have a new look. Their texture is perfect for the look of burlap so that is the direction I headed. Using DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint in Burlap, I based every inch of them. I then dry brushed the patches with Espresso, and painted the buttons with Soft Black. When the buttons were dry, I gave them a dry brush of Snow White to make them stand out a bit more. After a coat of spray varnish, I antiqued them with DecoArt Staining & Antiquing Medium mixed with Burnt Umber. I love how the antiquing nestles into all of the grooved details of these pieces. After a final coat of spray varnish, I decided to give them a little holiday accessory. With some greenery I found at my local craft store; I measured around the necks and created a wreath and finished it off with a red bow below their necks. You could add red berries to the wreathes for more color if you would like. A quick and easy project that is perfect for painters of all levels.